Logged onto Instagram and BOOM! Girl I know is engaged.
No jealousy.No shade.No hateration.(see Shut up about marriage already)
NOTHING negative.JUST hooting and hollering.
THAT IS HOW IT IS DONE!
The girl and her fiancé attended church together.Served on ministry teams together.Built a friendship.
Late last year she said she wants to be engaged and married in a year…but she wasn’t dating anyone.
To the outside world her desires seem farfetched, stupid even, but for Christian and African women it is a thing.
- I do not believe it takes forever to know that you want to marry someone
- I do not believe in LONG LENGTHY ass relationships (>4years)
- I do not believe in cohabitation
- I do not believe in premarital sex
- I do not believe in divorce
- men know what they want to do with a woman QUICKLY after meeting (date.marry.sleep with.etc)
- your mindset and circle affect your viewpoint of marriage/relationships
- Hurt people–>Hurt people
- women who give men ALL the perks of marriage make it easier for men NOT to marry them (Why He Won’t Marry You)
- Sexual Exclusivity But No Relationship is BULL SHIT
- Wise Men value sexual purity
- Hoes AREN’T winning
While marriage is not high on my desires I do collect wisdom from people wiser than me.